ALC is a Coeur d'Alene Based Law Firm, Handling Probate, Family Law, Bankruptcy, Personal Injury and Civil Litigation Matters

Do I Have To Leave My Home?

Coeur d’Alene Lawyer Specializing in Legal Separation and Divorce

If your marriage is in distress, your spouse may have asked you to leave the house — or you may have asked your husband or wife to leave. While it is without a doubt stressful to share a home with a partner when discord has broken down the previously trusting relationship, Idaho law protects people’s right to remain in their domicile. Even if your name is not on the title of your marital home, your husband or wife does not have the legal authority to kick you out.

An Empathetic Lawyer is a Valuable Advocate in Times of Domestic Disturbance

Whether you are the one who has been asked to leave, or the one who has asked your spouse to vacate the home, contact an experienced Coeur d’Alene lawyer specializing in legal separation and divorce to help you out. Talk over your options, goals and concerns with an empathetic lawyer who is prepared to be your advocate as you live through this difficult time of domestic disturbance. At the Advocacy Law Center, PLLC, we work with clients to develop solutions to family law problems including questions of who should leave, when and how in the event of a marital separation.

Contact the Advocacy Law Center, PLLC, to Schedule a Free Consultation

If domestic violence has occurred or if one spouse is endangering the safety of family members through use of illegal drugs, your family situation needs evaluation and assistance from an experienced lawyer. The Advocacy Law Center, PLLC, is an ideal source of help and information for spouses in distress.

Locks Got Changed?

Did your spouse change the locks on your home in the midst of domestic disputes? This may constitute an unlawful ouster subject to an order that you should be allowed to resume residence in the marital home. If you suspect that your husband, wife or domestic partner is planning to change the locks, you are strongly encouraged to contact an attorney before this happens. Learn how to protect yourself from false accusations and from being illegally barred from your own home.

What About the Children?

If there are children at home, you are naturally very concerned about their well being, and about preserving your parental rights. You also want to avoid a situation of child endangerment if one parent or spouse is putting the children’s safety at risk through illicit drug manufacture or dealing. If you try to help yourself, you may make your legal situation much more complicated than it needs to be. An experienced lawyer is an invaluable advocate and legal counselor at such a time. Contact the Advocacy Law Center, PLLC by phone or e-mail to schedule a consultation.

Se habla español.