ALC is a Coeur d'Alene Based Law Firm, Handling Probate, Family Law, Bankruptcy, Personal Injury and Civil Litigation Matters


Coeur d’Alene Child Custody Lawyer

Serving Coeur d’Alene & Kootenai County areas, including Hayden â–ª Post Falls

Decisions about child custody and visitation are among the most urgent matters of any marital separation or divorce when there are minor children of a marriage. Child custody determinations consider two types of custody: legal custody and physical custody. Legal custody means that parents have input into choices in child rearing including where a child will go to school, go to church, get medical care or have medical procedures done.

Learn how to protect and preserve your parental rights when you and your wife, husband or domestic partner are divorcing or separating. Contact an experienced, empathetic child custody lawyer at the Advocacy Law Center, PLLC in Kootenai county to discuss custody and visitation when you are preparing to divorce, are divorced or even if you were never married to your child’s other parent.

Legal custody may include the right to approve or disapprove of a child’s obtaining a learner’s permit and driver’s license, purchasing a car or getting a tattoo or body piercing. Physical custody, on the other hand, specifies which parent a child will live with.

At the Advocacy Law Center, PLLC, we understand that “non-legal” aspects of your child custody and visitation arrangements matter just as much to your family as the legal ones. Sometimes, parents need help negotiating and strategizing in order to reach a workable child custody and visitation agreement. We are prepared to provide that help and when necessary, to work with other allied professionals such as child psychologists.

Our years of experience allow us to help clients reach practical, workable child custody and visitation agreements that keep children’s needs first while also preserving mother-child and father-child bonds. Call or e-mail the law firm to schedule a free phone consultation regarding child support, child custody, paternity or any other child-related legal issue that applies in your family.

Se habla español.