ALC is a Coeur d'Alene Based Law Firm, Handling Probate, Family Law, Bankruptcy, Personal Injury and Civil Litigation Matters

Where Can I Call For Help And Support?

Where Can I Call For Help And Support?

Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (1-800-799-7233 or, for TTY, 1-800-787-3224). Whoever answers the phone can help you deal with your situation, and can refer you to shelters, counseling, and other assistance available in your area.

You are not alone. There are more than 4 million victims of domestic violence each year. One intimate partner in three will experience at least one physical assault during his or her lifetime. In addition, there are growing numbers of elderly parents who are verbally or physically abused by their adult children. It is not your fault. Help is available.

In Idaho alone, there are dozens of local assistance programs. You may be able to get free counseling for your children as well as yourself. You may even be able to recoup wages lost while recovering from injuries incurred by a spouse or partner. Idaho’s Crime Victim Compensation Program — administered by the State Board of Control’s Victims of Crime Program — provides such financial help to crime victims who meet certain criteria.

Other losses that may be reimbursed by the program include the cost of medical and dental work, mental health counseling, financial support, a funeral and burial, and job retraining. Call the Victims Resource Center toll-free at 1-800-VICTIMS (842-8467) or the Victims of Crime Program at 1-800-777-9229 for more information.